Flight Instructor (Full Time and/or Part Time)
Chief Flight Instructor
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the team at American Flight Schools and their family of clubs. As Flight Instructors are so vital to our organization and represent our Club more than anything else we do, we are very selective when it comes to appointing the role of CFI. It is imperative that the Aspen instructors ‘fit in’ with our unique environment by setting the example of what the club represents:
- Professional Aviators
- Competent and accurate communicators
- Safety conscious
- Fun to be around
A Flight Instructor is the face of aviation to everyone that learns to fly. The conduct, opinions, and professionalism of a Flight Instructor will have a lasting impact on every student they encounter. The many hours spent together in the confined space of an enclosed cockpit are extremely influential. Every conversation will be recalled, every opinion will be remembered, and every flying skill demonstrated will be ingrained in that pilot for countless more hours, long after their initial training.
We have established policies and procedures, which assist us in selecting the best CFI candidates from all that apply. In order to be considered for employment, Flight Instructor applicants must submit the following documents:
- Resume and cover letter
- Up to date flight times
- Copy of Pilot and Instructor Certificates and most recent medical
- Personal objectives
- Two references
Following an evaluation of qualifications, applicants will:
- Undergo complete background checks
- Interview with Chief Pilot and/or Assistant Chief Pilot
- Interview with at least one of the Club Owners
- Undergo Standardization Checkout with Chief Pilot or Assistant Chief Pilot. Applicant pays for checkout aircraft and instructor.
American Flight Schools strives to maintain a professional environment with great people, great pilots, and great instructors, where learning to fly or renting an aircraft is always an enjoyable experience and where personal growth as a pilot is strongly encouraged. This starts with our Flight Instructors, the most influential role at the Club.
The privilege of being part of our team is for those who meet the high standards of knowledge, experience, proficiency, and professionalism established by the club. These standards exceed FAA requirements and not every applicant will qualify. Submitting an application does not guarantee an interview, checkout, or employment.
Under general direction of American Flight Schools (AFS) Chief Instructor, conduct top quality flight instruction per an approved AFS syllabus; ensure students are held to a high standard of safety; ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) and AFS policies and procedures in the training of students.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Adheres to AFS-approved flight training syllabus.
- Maintains flight proficiency for each aircraft flown in the conduct of flight training.
- Adheres to all FAA regulations and company policies & procedures.
- Improves aeronautical knowledge and flying skills through continuing education and operational experiences.
- Maximizes student’s training investment by arriving for each lesson on time and fully prepared.
- Promotes AFS events, products, and services to students whenever appropriate.
- Exercises exemplary customer service; responds in a timely manner to all voicemails and emails
- Attending all monthly CFI meetings.
- Completing an Annual CLUB CFI Checkout with the Chief Flight Instructor or Assistant Chief Flight Instructor.
- Adhering to all CLUB Policies and Standards.
- Proper use of the online schedule.
- Compensation will vary based upon experience of the Instructor.
- All Bay Area Flying Club instructor services must be paid through the CLUB’s front desk.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We update our membership policies routinely, please click here to view the latest version.
Please email email@example.com with your contact information and resume to apply for this position.